Earth Day is celebrated all across the globe on April 22 to show our support towards the environmental protection of our planet Earth. Every year, there is a theme for celebrating the Earth Day.
The theme of this year’s Earth Day 2020 is Climate Action.
Celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Earth Day in Lockdown With These Activities Online.
Essay Writing and Drawing Competition
Participate in Online Essay Writing and Drawing Competition and Win A Surprise Gift from Starry Stories.
How to Participate?
Anyone Can Participate in Essay Writing or Drawing Competition or Both by Sending us your Entries by Email: connect[at]starrystories[dot]com or worldbeyondyourscope[at]gmail[dot]com
Theme of the Contest is “How Lockdown has Changed the Earth”
Deadline: 5th May 2020, 5pm
All the Entries will be given a E- Certificate of Participation and will be displayed in our website: starrystories.com
Winners will be announced on May 12th, 2020.
Submit Your Earth Day Slogan
Submit Your Earth Day Slogans in the comment section and Win Exciting Prizes!
Make Your Own Dymaxion Map
The Dymaxion map is a World map drawn on the surface of an Icosahedron. It was developed by R. Buckminster Fuller. You can make your own Dymaxion Map using the following links which provide dymaxion map template in PDF format. You can easy print them on A4 or A3.
ESRI Blog Direct Link to Template – https://adventuresinmapping.files.wordpress.com/2019/12/papercutprint.png
You can also trace the template in laserCAD and cut a spectacular Dymaxion Map out of GSM sheet.
Earth Day 2020 Facts
People around the world on April 22, 1970 marked the first Earth Day in history.
Earth Day 2020 Quotes
Carl Sagan was inspired by an image of Pale Blue Earth taken by Voyager 1 on 14th February , 1990 and he wrote the following excerpt in his book.
For more Earth Science Quiz Questions
Earth Day 2020 under lockdown
Corona virus pandemic is a tragedy and has affected human life very badly on the other side of the coin, Corona virus have positive effects on the environment. This Earth Day 2020 have a look at Impact of Corona virus on Environment.
1. Many parts of the world have observed significant drop in the air pollution due to the corona virus outbreak.
2. Shut down of factories and industries have brought down the Global Green Gas Emission.
3. The Covid-19 quarantine has dramatic impact on water quality in major rivers including the Ganga. With no socio economic activities, our rivers are reviving naturally. According to IIT-BHU Professor, The Ganga had 40-50 per cent improvement.
4. As people are put under lock-down, the energy consumption for domestic use has risen sharply but comparatively there is larger drop of energy consumption by commercial organizations which reduced emissions by power stations as demand falls for energy.
5. Paris climate accord goals can now be met as the global air quality is improving.
Summer is the best time of the year to introduce Star Gazing to your family. You need not go out camping or vacation to get glance at the stars. Watch the beautiful stars, Milky Way and shooting stars (if you are lucky) just by lying down on your terrace or sitting conformably in your lawn chairs. You need not have any astronomical equipment to enjoy the Beautiful Science of Astronomy!
Teach your kids the basics of Astronomy – Constellations and How Stars Shine and their significance in ancient history, where they are used for navigation. You can also tell them one or two Greek mythological stories related to Constellations.
Ask your kids to connect the dots – Bright Stars can be connected to dim stars in their imagination and new constellations can be made by your kid. Perhaps if you are more scientific and want your child to learn more about the Constellation – Make your own cardboard planisphere using the printable template and enjoy your Star Gazing.
Photos, Vector Graphics & Illustrations Credits
Read more Articles
1. Read about Why Do Fish Not Freeze in Cold Water?
2. Read the Most Searched Google Question and Answers about Tardigrades! – What do tardigrades eat on the moon? Can tardigrades die? Are Tardigrades dangerous?
3. Read about the The Secret Lives of Tardigrades
4. Read the Top 10 Interesting Facts about Tardigrades