Here is the list of 7 Facts about Big Cats that make them look less Scary!
1. The cheetah cannot roar like leopards, jaguars, tigers, and lions because it doesn’t have a particular ligament in its voice box. This means that it can only make a noise like a ‘purr’.
2. A cross between a male jaguar and a female leopard is called a Jagulep.
3. The mothers of leopards, jaguars, and cheetahs stay together with their cubs for up to 2 years and teach them a lot of things from hunting to defending themselves.
More Facts about Big Cats that make them look less Scary!
4. The character ‘Bagheera’ from Mowgli is a black panther from the leopard species. He is showcased as a wise friend and protector of the protagonist.
5. A female cheetah can have up to 9 cubs in a litter. That’s a lot of siblings to have!
6. The snow leopards are the only one of the big cats that live in the cold deserts of Asia and are often called ‘ghosts of the mountain’. They are very shy animals and have not been captured much.
7. Cheetahs can’t climb trees. If you ever find yourself in a situation wherein you’re being chased by a cheetah make sure to climb the nearest tree.
Photos, Vector Graphics & Illustrations Credits
Read more Articles from Life Sciences
1. Read about What are Life Sciences and Careers in Life Sciences
2. Read the Most Searched Google Question and Answers about Tardigrades! – What do tardigrades eat on the moon? Can tardigrades die? Are Tardigrades dangerous?
3. Read about the The Secret Lives of Tardigrades
4. Read the Top 10 Interesting Facts about Tardigrades
Saunri Dhodi Lobo is pursuing M.Sc in Life Sciences with specialization in Neurobiology. Her interests include writing poetry, going for nature walks and swimming. Currently she is involved in research on Alzheimer’s Disease in fruit flies.
Read all Articles by Saunri Dhodi Lobo